When we created energi PR, we brought together the leadership and expertise from two successful agencies, as well as a roster of great clients. And one of the benefits for me was that in addition to consumer and corporate, we now had a healthcare practice. Anyone who’s worked in that sector understands its complexities and how different it is from consumer PR.
Add social media to the mix and there are even more hurdles and yes, many opportunities too. Patients are sharing resources on research and treatments, asking questions and voicing concerns, bloggers are presenting their perspective, communities of interest are forming. And pharma/healthcare organizations are looking for an Rx to navigate this challenging environment where the exchange of information extends beyond regulatory environments and national borders.
energi is pleased to be one of the sponsors of the first eye for pharma – eMarketing Canada conference, coming to Toronto on November 1 and 2.
The two-day event features thought-leaders from the healthcare industry, experienced marketers, physicians and regulators with a social media/digital super panel moderated by PAAB commissioner Ray Chepesiuk.
- Identifying top digital trends for 2011
- Code of ethical practices that extends beyond compliance
- Using social media to effectively connect with consumers
- Establishing behaviour and needs of the online pharmacist and nurse
- Reaching physicians and switching to online CME (continuing medical education)
- Revolutionizing the way pharma events in Canada are planned, recruited, managed and tracked
I’m looking forward to the case studies and best practices and to gain an understanding of the social media healthcare landscape. Hope to see you there.