For anyone who wants to search Twitter in this blog, you can look back, look waaaaay back to my early reactions of bafflement and mild hostility to curiosity, acceptance and pretty much full-out Twitterholism.
And I think the stages I went through are similar to those many people experience as they attempt to grapple with, understand and appreciate the medium.
Here’s an encapsulation of my journey:
1. What the *#!*&@ is this? I don’t see the point.
2. This is just plain silly and a complete waste of time.
3. I don’t understand why some people I know and really respect are on it.
4. OK, I’ll admit, I’m a little scared to try it.
5. I signed up but only to see what it’s like, in case clients ask. (But I still think it’s dumb.)
6. I just tweeted (and said the word tweet). Nothing memorable or anything, but at least I tried it.
7. You know, I’ve found some really smart people to follow and one of them posted a really cool link.
8. Someone sent me an @ message/re-tweeted me/sent a DM.
9. I think I may have found my Twitter voice.
10. I am on this way to much – but it’s am following some amazing people.
Anything to add?