This is my first mobile post (just to see if I can do it) from day one of the Mesh conference.
– Blogosphere seems to be divided into two camps: the wild west where pretty much anything goes and then the same thing, but with product placement.
– Biggest differences between social media and MSM is social media is much faster and often doesn’t fact check.
– Biggest similarity is both are looking for a gem of a story.
– PR challenge is how to react quickly (‘InstaPR’) knowing we’re pitching to infuencers who may be mis- un- or less informed than MSM, but who, within their networks, have a lot of clout.
– Overheard: ‘I had a meeting at the World Trade Centre the morning of…but it was too early so I cancelled it.’
– Blogcognition – being recognized for something you wrote on your blog. (Someone actually said to me, ‘Oh you’re that blogger…’ Hey, there’s a first time for everything.)